The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAgro-Investment Corporation is seeking to identify highly motivated, qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the post of
The incumbent is responsible for planning and coordinating the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services on behalf of the Corporation, in accordance with GOJ Procurement Policies & Procedures, agreements with funding agencies/donors and generally accepted public/ethical policies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares and maintains an annual procurement plan, in collaboration with technical staff and department heads, for the procurement of goods and services for each of their respective projects/programmes
- Prepares tender/bid documents including Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ)
- Places local and international advertisements through various media, inviting bids, proposals, quotations or applications, in accordance with Agro-Investment Corporation and government requirements
- Organizes bidders’ conferences and public bid openings
- Negotiates purchasing agreements, credit arrangements and service contracts with goods and services suppliers
- Monitors the implementation of contracts to ensure adherence to the requisite terms and conditions. This includes ensuring that all goods and services meet appropriate quality and assurance standards
- Maintains lists of qualified suppliers in keeping the approved list from the Office of the Contractor General
- Institutes and maintains adequate controls and reporting procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- A first Degree from a recognized university, in Management Studies, Business Administration, Public Administration or in closely related field
- Certification in GOJ Procurement Management would be an asset
- At least five (5) years’ experience in purchasing in the government service, preparation of tenders and negotiating contracts for goods and services
- Sound knowledge of GOJ Procurement Regulations, Policies and Procedures and familiarity with funding agency requirements
- Working knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.