The post is responsible for accurately selecting and implementing the most optimal procurement method. In so doing, the incumbent will develop and efficiently manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners and vendors.
- Ensure procurement activities undertaken comply with the principles of transparency, proportionality, equal treatment and non-discrimination.
- Advise and assist the Commission in preparing its annual procurement plans and provide recommendations for synergies/pooled procurement and facilitating shared resources.
- Implement and update the procurement plans, recommend problem solving of procurement issues.
- Conduct all procurement tasks including: assist in the preparation of specifications and Terms of References, preparation bidding documents, advertising notices, requests for proposals; evaluation of bids and proposals; negotiations; preparation of evaluation reports and contracts, and other required procurement administration procedures.
- Prepare notifications to successful and unsuccessful bidders, and ensure the publication of award of contract notices.
- Assist the Head of Procurement and Project Manager to supervise and administer all contracts and facilitate smooth and speedy implementation of the procurement activities assigned, including monitoring of deliverables, warranties and insurances, site visits, verification of payment claims.
- Assist in the preparation of performance evaluation reports of Consultants and Contractors.
- Maintain a comprehensive database for efficient management of contracts in terms of contract value, payment schedules, projection, contract period and other related contractual matters for Consultants, Suppliers and Goods.
- Ensure efficient archiving/storage of procurement files and information to support knowledge management and reporting.
- Assist in reviewing existing contracts and other services and supply agreements and propose enhancements or alternative arrangements where appropriate.
- Contribute to the procurement analysis to assess efficiency and effectiveness of procurement activities against work plans.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned/approved by the Head, Procurement or Head, Programme Management Unit (PMU).
- Conduct research to provide comparative quotes/data/analysis to enable value for money in the procurement process.
- Partner with internal clients to manage multiple procurement projects
- Contribute to the development of procurement policy to drive the work of the unit.
- Develop innovative solutions to move the procurement process forward ensuring process and policy is upheld.
- Share procurement knowledge with members of procurement team and other relevant staff to strengthen internal skill base.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A University First Degree in Project Management, Business Management, Engineering, Accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of three (2) years’ proven experience and knowledge of procurement procedures and policies of international lending institutions (such as the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, European Union).
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in researching and analyzing trends and prices for services and goods.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in delivering training would be an asset.
- Demonstrated competence and knowledge of principles, practices and procedures governing procurement.
- Ability to promote procurement’s value and to run procurement as a service business within the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight, sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Detailed-oriented team player at all levels able to collaborate with units and other functional partner.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as duties will entail working with a diverse number of people including executives, suppliers and vendors.
- Fully conversant in Information Technology and other related procurement software.
- Drives with Purpose and Vision
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Creates an Environment of Trust
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission, Castries, St. Lucia. The general call for Procurement Officers is open to nationals of OECS member states.
The position is on a fixed-term basis subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, the post attracts other allowances. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme. Reasonable relocation expenses will be reimbursed where applicable.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.