The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Procurement Supervisor is responsible for providing procurement and logistics services, including but not limited to procuring goods and services in accordance with Foodmaxx policy and standards.
Management of Staff
- Oversees procurement staff. Plans, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews the work and training of the Procurement staff.
Responsible for Local Purchasing
- The Procurement Supervisor Evaluates & Approves all orders for local and internal purchases. He/she ensures that certain inventory levels are maintained and that adequate supply of items is on hand.
- Ensure all orders in done in compliance with the Procurement procedures. Returns/ disapprove any order that does not comply within the procurement guidelines.
- Provides assistance to Store Operations Team on daily replenishment, merchandising and display of goods within the Store.
Supervises delivery of Goods and receive feedback on suppliers’ delivery performance
- Develops timelines for delivery of goods with suppliers and the Receiving Department. Ensures timely delivery of goods so that business operations can continue uninterrupted.
- Obtain feedback from the Receiving Department about suppliers’ delivery performance and quality of goods received.
Financial and payment responsibilities
- Examine, evaluate and compares prices amongst various suppliers for all local and internal supplies to determine best possible supplier. Utilize business reports using the company’s Software accounting software to aid in the evaluation process.
- Works with the Finance Department to ensure payment of vendors are done efficiently, and within the vendors credit period time and that no delay/ late payment happens.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals. Works within a given budget to purchase goods for the organization.
- Negotiate contracts with the best price, service, discounts, and payment terms.
Evaluating and Reporting
- Evaluates the performance of certain suppliers in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide Periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Produce replenishment reports to Store Operations Team to ensure goods are displayed in store.
- Assist in conducting price analysis of competitors’ in the offsite.
- Diploma in Procurement, Supply Chain or a related field
- Diploma in Business Management.
- At least five (5) subjects CXC, inclusive of Grades 1 to 3 in Mathematics, English and Accounts.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity.