The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Professor/Associate Professor Geotechnical Engineering
Job SummaryTo provide strategic and operational direction and overall leadership to the respective academic programme.
- Provides strategic and operational direction to the respective academic programme;
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students within prescribed curriculum;
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments;
- Directs research of other academic staff and / or graduate students working for advanced academic degrees;
- Conducts research in particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals;
- Performs related duties such as advising students on academic curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations;
- Leads research team, supervises and manages research projects, and supports the development of emerging research profiles from other lecturers;
- Contributes to the collegiate development and management of research activities;
- Provides professional consulting services to government and industry via the Industry Liaison and Professional Services Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from a recognized and accredited university
- Minimum of twelve (12) years at a senior level actively involved in teaching and research at an institution of higher learning in the area of geotechnical engineering, including six (6) years at an Associate Professorship level
- Demonstrated scholarly activity (publications/presentations etc.) at a local and international level
- Professional / industry experience in the area of geotechnical engineering will be an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence in academic and administrative leadership at an accredited university.
- Professional Registration.
- Sound knowledge (both theory and practice) in subject field or discipline
- Strong knowledge of research methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of creative pedagogical skills
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Strong financial and resource management skills
- Critical human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline, including advanced teaching methods to support undergraduate and graduate student learning and career objectives
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly productivity
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Capability to function in an online environment
- Ability to work with campus-based personnel and students