The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Professor in Education
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Professor in Education at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.
The successful candidate should possess:
- An earned Ph.D. in Education or a closely related field;
- An active research profile and a record of distinguish original work;
- Outstanding success in and wide recognition in the field of Education
- A demonstrated track record as a manager at a senior level and be willing to assume a leadership role in the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
- A sound knowledge of the education systems in the Caribbean
He/She should demonstrate an understanding of
- The unique challenges facing the School of Education, and be able to articulate a vision for addressing these;
- The role of the School in transforming pedagogy and the content and quality of the educational product at the campus and in the wider education system;
- Technology- enabled solutions for accessible and flexible learning.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Play a leading role in designing a transformative agenda for the School of Education in the context of the Campus’ strategic goals
- Demonstrable ability to teach effectively at both graduate and undergraduate levels;
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate research projects/theses in Education
- Develop and implement a research agenda that includes empirical studies related to the practical, developmental and educational needs of the Caribbean;
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties, as soon as possible after the closing date.
The closing date for applications is July 31, 2017