The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Professor of Geomatics Engineering
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Professor of Geomatics Engineering.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- A PhD in Geomatics Engineering, Membership of an internationally recognized professional body or engineering institution.
Considerable related academic and professional experience, including:
- A track record of distinguished, original and innovative work; high quality publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Outstanding success in and wide recognition of professional activities
- Corporate membership in a reputable professional institution
- Active engagement in industry
- Proven success in grant applications
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
- Geomatics Engineering, Geoinformatics, Geodesy, Land Administration, Hydrography, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Cadastre, Cartography
- To provide leadership and vision in developing research and teaching programs in Geomatics Engineering that will impact the region
- The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
- Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to interact positively with academic, technical and administrative staff within the Department, and within the University
- The ability to interface with Government and Industry
- A student-centered approach
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership skills
- Good coordination skills
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment