The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Professor of Geomatics Engineering
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Research Fellow.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
A PhD in Geomatics Engineering, Membership of an internationally recognized professional body or engineering institution.
Considerable related academic and professional experience, including:
- A track record of distinguished, original and innovative work; high quality publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Outstanding success in and wide recognition of professional activities
- Corporate membership in a reputable professional institution
- Active engagement in industry
- Proven success in grant applications
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
Geomatics Engineering, Geoinformatics, Geodesy, Land Administration, Hydrography, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Cadastre, Cartography
To provide leadership and vision in developing research and teaching programs in Geomatics Engineering that will impact the region
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to interact positively with academic, technical and administrative staff within the Department, and within the University
- The ability to interface with Government and Industry
- A student-centered approach
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership skills
- Good coordination skills
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment