The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Program Coordinator is responsible for new extension program development, community liaison and quality control within an assigned field of expertise.
The Coordinator will be expected to seek out new program opportunities, and activities to meet the ever changing needs of individual learners, business, and the community.
As a key external representative of the Institute, the Program Coordinator will utilize excellent judgment to develop credible and meaningful relationships with business and or the community ensuring strictest confidentiality. She/he will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of Construction Trades areas to identify opportunities and resolve concerns.
The Coordinator handles multiple responsibilities, solves complex problems and provides leadership, supervision and direction to the Instructors ensuring consistency with the mission and vision of the Institute.
1. Program Development/Implementation/Evaluation:
- Develop/create courses and programs (certificate/contact training/open enrollment) to meet the needs of business, industry and the community.
- Design/initiate curriculum as required.
- Identifies supplies/books/software/equipment/facilities required.
- Customize programs and courses for contract training needs.
- Prepare and send training proposals to clients and negotiate terms and cost of training.
- Manage contracts and terms of agreement for contract training/events.
- Review course/program/instructor evaluations with the AVP Academic Affairs and utilize the data to plan, modify programs.
- Responsibilities for the recruitment, hiring, orientation and performance of management Instructional staff.
- Supervise Instructional staff.
- Negotiate instructor contracts and pay rates.
- Establish pay rates and criteria within program area.
- Collaborate with other Program Coordinators to ensure consistency.
- Approve course curricula.
- Determine and define the various target markets pertinent to the area of expertise.
- Develop marketing plans for program area and communicate to Operations/Marketing.
- Collaborate on the design of specific marketing materials.
- Prepare course descriptions and write-ups.
- Media liaison.
4. Customer Service:
- Promote Long Life learning activities internally and externally.
- Resolve those customer complaints/inquires which cannot be dealt with by front linestaff.
- Degree in relevant field (i.e. Adult education, business, arts fitness, health) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to determine priories, be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong budgetary skills and accounting experience.
- Strong leadership and team-oriented skills.
- Building rapport
- Client/Customer Awareness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Listening Skills
- Organizing/ Planning ability
- Personal Work Ethic
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Team Skills