The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Development Specialist
Job SummaryThe Programme Development Specialist develops and establishes the Tobacco Control Programmes within the Ministry of Health.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Manager TCU, Head of Tobacco Education and Prevention Programme to develop and implement programmes required by the MOH to meet the mandate created by the Tobacco Control Act.
- Works with the Manager TCU and Head of Tobacco Education and Prevention Programme to develop tobacco control programme requirements.
- Establishes evidence-based tobacco cessation programmes including diagnosis, counseling and treatment services.
- Collaborates with the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Research to develop monitoring and evaluation systems to measure the effectiveness of programmes undertaken.
- Assists with the development of the annual budget and multi-year programme estimates and work plans for the roll out of agreed programmes.
- Works with the Head of Tobacco Education and Prevention Programme to develop and deliver training courses related to programmatic areas.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health related field or one of the other Social Sciences.
- A Master’s degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing health related programmes.
- Experience working in the health sector is an asset.
- Five (5) years of experience leading the development and management of health programmes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the issues that affect Tobacco Control programmes in Trinidad and Tobago.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.