The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe successful candidate will provide all in country coordination and supervision with regards to the project: Support and Reinforce the Establishment of the Haitian National Border Police.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Oversee the overall implementation of the “Support and Reinforce the Establishment of the Haitian National Border Police” project and be responsible for its financial, administrative, and technical implementation, in compliance with IOM policies and standards, as well as donor requirements.
Manage and coordinate the work of all project staff members in operations/logistics, procurement, capacity building and trainings, research, analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
Develop and maintain work plans, implementation strategies, and expenditure plans to ensure timely implementation and achievements of project activities and results.
Manage the recruitment of staff and consultants in close coordination with the IOM Haiti Resource Management Unit and supervise the work of all project staff.
Prepare donor and other reports and ensure timely submission, in line with donor requirements and IOM procedures and standards.
Provide advisory services and mentoring to national authorities with the aim to support planning, designing and managing appropriate interventions related to the project.
Work closely with IOM Immigration and Border Management (IBM) experts to ensure that the trainings target actual needs and sustain the programme’s goals and outputs.
Undertake duty travel, relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, and project implementation, as required.
Present IOM activities to local members of the Public, Private Sector, Civil Society and the Government.
Actively take resource mobilization efforts to find international donors and additional funding for the concerned Haitian authorities.
Develop and implement a visibility strategy, in line with donor requirements.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Studies in the National Border or Police Academy of country of residence may be considered an equivalent diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project implementation and project management;
- Familiarity with international borders and/or border related issues from an operational and policy perspective;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems;
- Prior experience working in Haiti is a distinct advantage;
- Previous experience/cooperation with state services (border guard, customs, police, military) is an asset;
- Advanced information analysis skills, good drafting skills.
- Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Haitian Creole is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.