The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Manager (Migration Management)
Job SummaryThe successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of migration management activities including but not limited to Visa Application Centre, return assistance, policy.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of IOM’s return assistance project funded by USAID in coordination with the IOM Haiti protection unit and be responsible for the project’s financial, administrative and technical implementation.
- Act as a mission focal point for matter related to migration management in coordination with regional thematic specialist and Headquarters (HQs) Department of Migration Management.
- Support the government of Haiti in providing policy guidance in migration management.
- Support the development and implementation of migration management related projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of IOM’s Brazilian Visa Application Centre.
- Advocate and support the CoM with development of Visa Application Centres.
- Coordinate with the IOM Haiti Protection Unit on related counter trafficking activities, in close collaboration with the Regional Thematic Specialist for Migrant Assistance.
- Prepare in coordination with the Program Support Unit project donor reports.
- Manage and coordinate the work of all project staff members in operations/logistics, procurement, capacity building and trainings, research, analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain work plans, implementation strategies, and expenditure plans to ensure timely implementation and achievements of project activities and results.
- Actively take resource mobilization efforts to find international donors and additional funding for the concerned Haitian authorities.
- Undertake duty travel for programme implementation purposes.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven expertise in the area of migration management;
- Experience liaising with regional bodies, governmental authorities, and other international institutions;
- Previous work experience in the Caribbean region is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.