The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Officer (Pharmaceutical Procurement Service)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Member States of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) to fill the post of Programme Officer at the OECS’ Pharmaceutical Procurement Service (PPS) based in Saint Lucia.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for performing pharmaceutical supply chain management functions, implementing a comprehensive quality assurance programme for pharmaceuticals, assisting in research regarding utilization studies, medical products and special projects and programmes. The Officer will also coordinate the regional medicine continuing education programme for health professionals in the
OECS Member States.
More specifically, the Officer will be required to:
- Perform PPS’ tendering, contracting and procurement activities;
- Coordinate the OECS/PPS quality assurance programme;
- Prepare and present technical reports and documents at Tenders/Technical Advisory Committee Meeting;
- Coordinate the regional continuing education programme for Member States;
- Collect and submit medicine samples for testing;
- Liaise with Central Medical Stores Managers to assess and plan country needs;
- Collect and analyse data on pharmaceutical performance indicators;
- Provide technical assistance to Member States;
- Assist in Medicine Utilization Reviews (MURs);
- Provide drug information to health professionals.
- Assist in the Management and Administration of the Unit; and
- Carry out technical duties as may be required or assigned from time to time by PPS’ Head of Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy or equivalent qualification, with a minimum of five years’ working experience as a pharmacist;
- Working knowledge of Pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices and International Standards for assessing pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong research skills
The job-holder will be expected to:
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility and professionalism in the execution of his/her duties as a Senior Officer;
- Demonstrate an ability to work with teams of multi-disciplinary professionals;
- Foster and maintain harmonious working relationships with other staff of the Organisation.
Terms of Appointment
The position is available on a contractual basis for two years in the first instance, subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, the post attracts housing and vehicle allowances. A gratuity, calculated at 25% of the base salary, will be paid on successful completion of the contract.
During the term of the contract, the Officer will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s noncontributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme. Reasonable location expenses will be reimbursed where applicable.
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae stating nationality as well as the contact information of the present or most recent employer and that of two referees. Copies of relevant certificates should be submitted with applications.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.