The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Programme Officer - Regional Integration
Job SummaryThe OECS is inviting applications from suitably qualified nationals from its Member States and CARICOM nationals to fill the position of Programme Officer within the Economic Affairs & Regional Integration Division.
The Programme Officer III will work under the direction and supervision of the Head, Economic Development Policy Unit (EDPU) and will be required to assist the Head of Unit in the development and execution of the work programme relating to the establishment of the OECS Economic Union and other regional integration initiatives proposed or undertaken by the OECS.
More specifically, the Programme Officer III will be required to:
- Support the Head of EDPU in advancing the OECS regional integration agenda by providing though leadership in all matters relating to Economic Union for protocol members and providing strategic guidance to all other OECS Member States.
- Undertake research and produce studies and papers on the integration processes in which the OECS is engaged and related development issues, as well as other requests that are of importance to the OECS Economic Union ;
- Collaborate with academics, think-tanks, international and regional organisations to conduct joint knowledge events and consultations on Economic Union topics and related regional integration issues.
- Assist in the development of proposals for studies to be conducted in pursuance of the Economic Union, as well as the identification, monitoring and evaluation of consultants undertaking studies;
- Carry out assigned tasks related to EU-funded Programmes/Projects relating to OECS Regional Integration and Trade and other projects which the Unit may be implementing;
- Provide technical support for establishment of the Eastern Caribbean Competition Commission;
- Prepare progress, financial and other reports required for projects undertaken under the Economic Union/Regional Integration work programme;
- Provide technical support to the Working Groups on Economic Union and assist in achievement of their mandates by preparing background documentation and providing technical inputs to meetings of the Groups;
- Monitor and support the implementation of decisions and recommendations of OECS Organs;
- Contribute to enhancing the OECS’ visibility and public education initiatives on the Economic Union by providing technical inputs, as well as identifying key issues which have implications for policy and further action and ensuring their consideration at the appropriate level;
- Assist the Head of Unit in the strategic design of annual work plans for the Regional Integration team within the Economic Development Policy Unit;
- Work closely with:
- Member States’ ministries and national entities responsible for regional integration and economic union matters;
- CARICOM Secretariat Units and Directorates responsible for the establishment of the CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME).
- Analysis & Reporting
- Consultation & Facilitation Negotiation
- Strategic Intelligence
- Drive with Purpose & Vision
- Create an Environment of Trust Build Effective Teams
- Ensure Accountability
- Demonstrate Decision Quality Communicate Effectively
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Integration Studies, Political Science, International Economic Law or other relevant field;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in integration or related areas;
- Direct working experience with government or international organizations;
- Extensive knowledge of the OECS region and of the integration processes underway in the OECS and CARICOM;
- Experience in Project Management and working with donor-financed projects
- Overall understanding of Regional Integration in the context of Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.