The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Programmer/Analyst I Information and Technology Division
Under the direction of the Systems Analyst/Programmer III, the Programmer/Analyst I will have responsibility for designing, developing and implementing web-based applications to support the operations of the Institute's website and intranet. The Programmer/Analyst I will also have responsibility for providing support in the design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of the Institute’s computer applications and systems and the preparation of manuals and training of end-users.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Training in systems design and development, structured programming including object-oriented programming concepts
- Minimum one (1) year web programming experience including HTML, Java, C#, VB.Net, PHP, ASP.Net.
STATIN – CORE COMPETENCIES
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Proficient in the use of technology
A good working knowledge of:
- Systems Development -
including systems analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Web-Based Technologies -
Including HTML, XHTML, XML, JScript, C# .NET, PHP, VB.Net and ASP.NET
- Software Applications -
programming languages, operating systems or utility programmes used by the Institute for e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio 2010
Duties will include:-
- Designing, developing and implementing web-based applications on the Windows platform to support the operations of the Institute's website and intranet.
- Participating in consultations with users to determine specific needs for programming and web-related services including, the development of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Preparing plans by outlining the steps necessary to develop programmes using approved structure analysis and design.
- Preparing flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps programme must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Assisting in the preparation of systems proposals, estimating cost of analysis, programming and processing services for projects approved by Director, Information and Technology.
- Supporting the design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of the Institute’s computer applications and systems and the preparation of manuals and training of end-users
- Assisting in maintaining computer systems after implementation in accordance with systems documentation and user requirements.
- Contributing to the overall success and efficient performance of the Institute’s database management system by participating assisting in the development of queries and providing support to users of the system.
- Resolving programming or web based applications problems, by conducting thorough analyses of problems and providing solutions independently and/or through consulting with the Systems Analyst/Programmer III.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging developments in systems design, web design and programming and implementing recommendations and best practices as necessary.
- Preparing monthly administrative/progress reports as directed.
- Attending internal and external meetings as directed.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.