The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Administrator (SERP)
Job SummaryThe Project Administrator will provide administrative support to the implementation team including the Project Manager.
SPECIAL EARLY RETIREMENT PROGRAMME
As part of the process of pension reform, new Pension Legislation is now before Parliament for approval which will inter alia make provisions for pension contributions to be made by all central government employees and will change the basis on which pensions are calculated. To this end, an early retirement project for Central Government Employees within the age range 50 – 59 is being contemplated. This project is owned by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service and is being supported by the Public Sector Transformation Programme.
The project will have three main components focused on delivering specific and targeted services over a 12-month timeframe.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to achieve the stated objectives of the assignment the individual will be required to:
Administrative and office support to the implementation team:
- to provide comprehensive project administration support services to the implementation team and the SERP Project Manager.
- Enable proper and effective office management.
- Provide project administrative, management and technical expertise in the implementation and monitoring of the project and all project activities.
- This role involves interaction with project managers at client entities and external stakeholders at different levels of implementation.
- Coordinate logistics, such as scheduling, travel arrangements and hotel booking, for the staff and visitors related to trainings and meetings (e.g., printing and photocopying of training materials, workshop venue booking, etc.).
- Track project deliverables and reporting timelines and work with the project team to ensure timely completion and dissemination.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence including reports, templates, training material, staff manuals, memoranda and documents.
- Transcribe dictated or written material.
- Organise and manage the hard copies of signed documentation, other paper and electronic filing systems.
- Provide communication support to the relevant staff on time to ensure timely supports for project activities.
- Escalate matters as required to drive effective action towards realising transformation priorities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Level of effort: Full time level of effort (FTE) of nine (9) months
- Duration of contract: The Consultancy will begin in November 2017
- Location: Jamaica
- Type of Consultancy: Individual consultant
- Type of contract: Lump-Sum
The work will be carried out in Jamaica and be housed within the MOFPS, Kingston Jamaica offices, as well as administrative support, and any other assistance as may be reasonably required to undertake the duties identified in this TOR.
The Consultant must be able to participate in project activities during business hours, as well as non-business hours on a regular basis as the position demands.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification in Administrative Management or related qualification; o Knowledge of Public Sector administrative practices.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise with people from diverse socio/cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of and understanding in general office management and operations principles and practices, especially within the Public Sector
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government machinery and operations
- Sound knowledge of and experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve shared outcomes through internal and external partnerships