The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Consultant Cornwall Regional Hospital Rehabilitation Project
Job SummaryThe Ministry of Health seeks to engage a Project Consultant to provide support for the Cornwall Regional Hospital Rehabilitation Project (‘the Project’).
- Reporting to the Permanent Secretary, the incumbent will serve as the Ministry of Health’s focal point for all Project activities
- Keep abreast of Project developments and attend weekly project meetings (including staff and site meetings)
- Keep the Permanent Secretary and others informed about Project status and issues that may impact the execution of the Project
- Develop and maintain a robust and open channel of communication between the Project, the MOH, the Western Regional Health Authority, Consulting Engineers, Contractors, Contract Administrators, and Technical Advisors (PAHO, UNOPS etc.) in a manner that maximizes transparency and good counterpart relations while minimizing misunderstandings
- Provide support to the MOH Project Manager and other members of the project team
- Facilitate the smooth implementation and coordination of project activities
- Liaises with external suppliers and stakeholders and facilitates stakeholder consultations and meetings
- Reports meet quality standards and produced within agreed time frame
- The extent to which open communication channels are maintained with stakeholders/partners
- Satisfaction of stakeholder/partners with their communication with the Ministry
- Confidentiality, integrity and sensitivity displayed in the execution of duties.
Required Competences (Core and Technical to be specified)
- Sound knowledge of Project management
- Teamwork – Ability to work well with a team
- Planning and Organizing – Excellent planning and organization skills
- Communication – Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills – Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Integrity and Ethics – Demonstrate high integrity and ethics
- Problem Solving – Possess good problem solving skills
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Management, Business, Administration or related field.
- Certification in Project Management would be an asset
- A minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in project management
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel locally and out of town regularly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate at all
- The ability to coordinate and supervise employees and establish and maintain business and other professional relation
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only