The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryReporting to the Project Director, Haiti PHIA, ICAP Haiti, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a national population-level HIV impact assessment (PHIA) in Haiti.
The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating PHIA day-to-day activities in Haiti, coordinate the organization of training activities for field and laboratory staff, oversee and support the activities of implementing partners and sub-contractors, support the survey implementing partner in the recruitment, management and coordination of field staff as required, support the selection of facilities to function as satellite laboratories and liaise with laboratory advisors to support their establishment, and support the overall implementation of the PHIA. The incumbent will support the training of staff on the study protocol, procedures, policies, relevant regulations and also ensure that the study protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other relevant policies and regulations are being followed. The Project Coordinator will report survey progress and maintain archive of regulatory files and technical documents.
The Project Coordinator will provide oversight and management of specific in-Haiti PHIA staff, to be determined, and will assist with the oversight of in-Haiti sub-contracted survey and laboratory organizations.
- Assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of ICAP PHIA project staff; assist with capacity building workshops;
- Support the PHIA project with protocol development & implementation, submissions to national research ethics boards and regulatory agencies and maintenance of regulatory files;
- Understand and adhere to PHIA protocol, SOPs, regulations, procedures and policies; assist in drafting SOPs and adapting training manuals;
- Assist with all the organizational aspects related with the training program for PHIA field and laboratory staff;
- Organize, coordinate and participate in joint international and national survey monitoring activities in collaboration with implementing partners and key stakeholders;
- Conduct frequent field monitoring visits to ensure adherence to protocol and SOPs, timely recruitment of participants and collection of high quality data;
- Ensure that PHIA staff maintain confidentiality and adhere to the ethical principles for human subjects research and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines;
- Liaise with, support and coordinate outside implementing partners and contractors to ensure timely completion of contracted scopes of work;
- Support the survey-implementing partner in the development of the survey rollout plan and plans for deployment of field teams as needed;
- Support laboratory advisor (s) in the development of the satellite laboratories rollout plans consistent with survey rollout;
- Liaise with representatives from the MOH, Haiti Biomedical Centre and CDC to discuss progress of the project and to address any challenges or issues;
- Support communication needs of local and international investigators through the organization of meetings, conference calls, and regular interactions;
- Support the organization of PHIA meetings and workshops liaising with implementing partners and PHIA stakeholders, and internally within ICAP providing guidance to administrative support staff
- Prepare progress and other reports and study documents;
- Liaise with headquarters survey coordinator for the organization of external monitoring visits
- Maintain an archive of PHIA TWG meeting minutes and other technical documentation;
- Support the definition of the strategy and process for return of PHIA laboratory-based tests results and supervise responsible staff;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- MPH or equivalent professional degree.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Coordinator;
- Experience supervising project teams;
- Demonstrated experience working in low-resource settings;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Attention to administrative and organizational detail;
- Ability to quickly learn and master technical information and use it for project management and implementation.
- Experience in the implementation of national surveys
- Basic understanding of survey research methods and implementation
- Knowledge on Haiti health and research systems
- Periodic domestic travel throughout Haiti to support the planning and implementation of the PHIA Project