The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryReporting to the PHIA Project Director in the ICAP New York headquarters (HQs), the Project Director, Haiti PHIA, ICAP Haiti will lead the implementation of the Haiti Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) Project.
The incumbent will ensure coordination of all facets of the national level impact assessment which, in addition to the MoH and CDC Haiti, will include the participation of and/or contributions from local institutions, as well as other in-Haiti survey and lab organizations.
The Project Director, Haiti PHIA, ICAP Haiti will provide oversight and management of key PHIA staff, such as the Project Coordinator, and Laboratory Advisor.
This position is grant-funded.
- On behalf of ICAP New York, liaise with the key PHIA stakeholders in Haiti, including the Ministry of Health, WHO, UNAIDS, CDC, and USAID.
- Support the establishment of a functional ICAP office in Haiti, following on required administrative and regulatory processes such as submission of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to MOH, registration of ICAP in country and others as required;
- Support the establishment of appropriate physical infrastructure for the ICAP country office;
- Oversee the recruitment, training and day-to-day supervision of ICAP Haiti PHIA Project staff
- Participate in protocol development; ethical reviews; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & training manual development; staff training; community sensitization; implementation; adherence to protocol/SOPs; data management, analysis, & dissemination in concert with ICAP staff in New York, CDC, and the MOH
- Coordinate local institutional review board reviews and approvals,
- Oversee outside sub-contractors and communicate regularly to ensure adherence to protocol/SOPs and timeline
- Represent ICAP in discussions about the PHIA Project held with the MOH, CDC and other in-Haiti collaborators
- Communicate effectively to various audiences regarding the details of the project and ensure stakeholder participation
- Track PHIA progress and prepare PHIA progress reports to be shared with the MOH, CDC Haiti, ICAP HQ, and others
- Provide the support required for the development and implementation of a data dissemination strategy with CDC & MOH
- Conduct capacity building workshops, as needed, to support the implementation of the PHIA Project
- Participate in the preparation of scientific analyses, abstracts and publications.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- MPH, MD, PhD, or equivalent professional degree
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum four (4) years of research or survey experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex multi-organization collaborations, and capacity building of local partner organizations
- Demonstrated skills in supervising staff, team building and management
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in conducting national-level surveys
- Demonstrated experience working in low-resource settings with HIV program/research experience
- Experience with statistical sampling as well as quantitative data collection methodologies and database design and management
- Periodic domestic travel throughout Haiti to support the planning and implementation of the PHIA Project