The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Hotel Maintenance Manager
Job SummaryAs part of the duties GPHM will also perform on site condition review reports, work scope preparation, manpower evaluations and budget planning/allocation in the relevant areas.
The Project Hotel Maintenance Manager (GPHM) will be responsible for the planning, provisioning, attending and executing of any specialized or unprecedented task, project or unplanned/critical maintenance related to accident/failure/dry-dock/refurbishment and/or revitalizations as delegated from the Manager, Director or AVP of Accommodations, GMO. He/She will be responsible for the monitoring, support and implementation of all related functions and ensuring the goals and targets of the specified scope have been completed satisfactorily and to the best interest of the division, department and the brand overall. As part of the duties GPHM will also perform on site condition review reports, work scope preparation, manpower evaluations and budget planning/allocation in the relevant areas. Work standards according to HSEQ and all other brand standards to be maintained at all times and ensured by him/her.
Upon completion of the Project will oversee pending items, guarantee claims or punch lists with respective suppliers up to satisfactory completion. The Global Project HM Manager will organize the project efforts related to Critical Repairs/ Dry docks/Refurbishment and Accident response. Ensure the upkeep of standards and specifications for all Hotel technical areas including but not limited to: Staterooms, Suites and Public Areas, ship’s plumbing systems, recreational water facilities and features, galley & laundry equipment, and other related items.
- Plan, coordinate & manage projects assigned to Hotel Technical areas during dry-dock/out-of-service/refurbishment periods. This will be done in collaboration with New Building, respective Shore Side Managers, appointed Vendors/Contractors and onboard management and personnel.
- Identify the resources (human, material, financial, etc.) needed in order to execute the project successfully and addresses to respective Project Owner & Dept. Head.
- Develop project’s best practices and addresses them as needed to all involved parties with proper reporting or other method.
- Lead the inspection and acceptance of vendor or Riding Crew works during the project or delegate responsibility to subordinates, according to his/her resources, but still remains the overall owner.
- Provide a detailed condition review report ( prior to the project ) and a thorough completion report ( upon completion of project ), including Guarantee claims or Open items for the Vessel’s Management Team and Shore side HM Team to follow up with
- Participate in NB, Refurbishment or Vendor coordination meetings as required.
- Manage resources effectively (employees, financials & tools) and identifies savings opportunities or addresses financial overhead concerns.
- Correct technical deficiencies quickly, with permanent solutions.
- Meet & exceed compliance related to DNV, ILO, USPH, IMO, OPP, EPA, standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Maritime Engineering or equivalent degree* - STCW (Unlimited) Chief Engineer license preferred - AND Minimum of 5 years in Technical management position with a minimum of 10 subordinates on a cruise, naval or commercial ship.
- Previous relevant Project Management experience of minimum 6 months required – Certified preferred experience if applicable ( PMP institute )
- Strong knowledge and adherence to maritime standards as outlined by relevant regulatory bodies (Class Societies, Flag states, IMO, SOLAS, etc.)
- Proven knowledge of USPH / VSP operational & construction manuals.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Exhibits professionalism, positive energy and passion at all times.
- Solid financial acumen and successful budget track record preferred.
- Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Demonstrates the ability to assign responsibility and authority correctly.
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
Equivalent degree is any Postgraduate Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Naval Architect Degree earned from worldwide acknowledged universities with a minimum of 4 years of taught studies.