The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Leader 12 / Chief of Party - IGHI
Job SummaryAbt is seeking well-qualified Chief of Party candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded governance project in Haiti.
This role will entail overall responsibility for contract fulfillment and compliance in country. The Chief of Party will oversee all of the project’s programmatic and administrative aspects including supervision of a staff of professional, administrative, and clerical employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees and assumes responsibility for all of the project’s technical and administrative aspects, including ensuring technical leadership across all project areas;
- Manages all of Abt Associates’ in-country project affairs, including directing a project team of a team of full-time local and expatriate staff as well as multiple subcontractors, overseeing the financial affairs of the project, managing project reporting and ensuring project progress;
- Directs program planning, implementation, and evaluation activities including strategic planning;
- Represents the project to the Government of Haiti, the U.S. Mission, USAID, key stakeholders, local partners, and the Nation of Haiti at-large;
- Supervises and negotiates contracts for technical services with academic institutions, NGOs, and government agencies.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in management, public policy, public administration, political science, international development, or equivalent;
- Demonstrated leadership implementing national-level governance, local capacity building, human resources management, or like activities with publications or policy contributions a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources to draw conclusions and recommendations;
- Excellent ability to work effectively with counterparts and coordinate various actors such as ministry and government agencies, donors, and NGOs;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues in a complex and politically sensitive environment;
- Understanding of the Haitian national and local government systems highly desirable;
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on USAID-funded projects is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written).
- (15+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. This experience should include at minimum 10 years of experience as a senior manager of large, complex, national-level projects.