The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Project Manager will manage the activities of small to medium-sized projects or manage large and complex projects under a Ministry/Department programme or portfolio.
The incumbent is required to independently manage the activities of small to medium-sized projects or manage, under the supervision of a Programme Manager/Designated Officer, large and complex projects under a Ministry/Department programme or portfolio, ensuring that all the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timelines and budget. Duties include developing project plans, budget and schedules; implementing project plans; managing and leading project team; monitoring and managing project scope, risks and issues; and reporting on project activities to management and other stakeholders. Dependent on assignment the incumbent may be required to perform some or the full range of duties of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements project plans/proposals. This includes:
- Holding meetings with stakeholders to obtain information on business requirements; o Determining the scope and deliverables of the project;
- Identifying the work activities required for successful project completion; o Establishing schedules;
- Preparing budgetary and staffing plans;
- Identifying and assessing risks and issues.
- Monitors and manages project expenditure to ensure project is completed within budget; applies for release of funds as required; authorises project expenditure in line with budget plan.
- Manages project schedule to ensure timely completion of the project and milestones; establishes workplan and staffing for the project and arranges for recruitment and equipment of project personnel.
- Supervises engaged project team.
- Manage project resource allocations.
- Manages changes to project scope, cost, schedule, and quality; ensures that all changes are documented and approved.
- Monitors and manages project quality to ensure the deliverables comply with agreed standards.
- Monitors, manages and responds to project risks and issues; recommends and implements solutions.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation reports and studies which will identify very early, slippages and reasons for same.
- Provides oversight of contractors/consultants and outsourcing services to ensure compliance with contract; also evaluates their performance.
- Performs project post implementation activities such as soliciting feedback from stakeholders, preparing reports and archiving information.
- Prepares Cabinet Notes, reports, presentation and other documentation for management on project matters; reviews status and other reports prepared by project personnel.
- Convenes meeting on project matters with management, project staff, contractors/consultants and other stakeholders.
- Performs related work as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of Strategic Management, Project Cycle Management.
- Knowledge of the relevant procedures, rules, regulations and policies of the Central Tenders Board Ordinance.
- Knowledge of the government financial rules, regulations and procedures pertinent to programme/project management especially the Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP).
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of project management software.
- Skill in programme/project planning and implementation.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate projects and to devise effective methods of evaluation.
- Ability to lead and manage small to medium sized projects, including project team.
- Ability to lead the project implementation process and devise creative solutions to address problems encountered and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to conduct research into programme/project related issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with project stakeholders, associates, other public service employees and the public.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management, including a minimum of two (2) years in leading projects.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised University degree in Project Management; Engineering, Information Technology, Management or the Social Sciences, with courses in Project Management, Financial Management, Project Quality or a related area.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.