The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Manager Civil Works
Job SummaryThe UWI Open Campus is seeking to identify a Project Manager Civil Works (Part-time) to carry out services associated with the civil works component of the project.
The University of the West Indies (UWI) has received a loan from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) to enhance its strategic management capacity and ability to respond to regional development needs. The project components include the enhancement of the learning environment through expansion of physical facilities of the Open Campus Country Site in St. Lucia. The UWI Open Campus is seeking to identify a Project Manager Civil Works (Part-time) to carry out services associated with the civil works component of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- procurement in accordance with CDB’s Loan Agreement;
- review of prequalification and bid documents and monthly progress reports prepared by consultants;
- coordinate the issuing of invitations to bid, evaluation of bids and recommendations for award of construction contracts;
- oversee administration of construction contracts;
- provide cost control of construction works;
- prepare and submit to CDB claims for disbursement or reimbursement;
- review completion reports and as-built drawings for each construction contract referred to in the Procurement Plan for submission to the CDB through the Project Coordinator;
- provide the Project Coordinator with a recommendation report on completion reports and as-built drawings for each construction contract referred to at (d ) above.
The Project Manager will make herself/himself knowledgeable about construction culture in the region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates for the position should possess:
- a Master’s Degree with at least five (5) year’s work experience in project management and contract administration;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the construction industry;
- Formal training and /or experience in construction project management;
- Experience in developing and managing projects of all sizes, including large multimillion dollar projects;
- Experience in managing construction projects;
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in international procurement practices;
- Experience in tendering and evaluation processes;
- Experience in managing a wide variety and varied types of projects.
The Project Manager Civil Works (Part-time) should be able to demonstrate the following skills and dispositions:
- strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate project team;
- strong oral and written communication skills;
- thorough understanding of building industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities is vital;
- ability to source and apply information that may be pertinent to the implementation and execution of projects;
- ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance;
- ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- ability to arbitrate on problematic issues;
- computer proficiency in a range of applications; and
- knowledge of Higher Education Institutions.
Interested applicants must complete the UWI Open Campus application form along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae.