The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Project Officers to to join the Laboratory team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Superintendent, this position is accountable for:
- Producing accurate, timely and reliable analytical data necessary to support quality production in the process and mining areas;
- Supporting the department’s quality system to ensure conformance to requirements;
- Performing instrumental, wet chemical and physical determinations of process raw materials, in process samples and alumina product as determined by work routine and as instructed by supervisor or designee;
- Completing assigned tasks and projects timely, safely and in accordance with environmental standards;
- Playing an active role in maintaining good housekeeping practices in the Laboratory;
- Full conformance with plant and department safety rules and activities.
Qualification and Experience
To be considered you must have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Pure and Applied Chemistry or other related field with at least one (1) year experience in an industrial chemical environment;
- Experience working with computer controlled laboratory equipment;
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and creatively and have good decision making skills;
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools are advantageous.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.