The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Project Support Officer
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to assist in the planning, execution, monitoring and control of projects in a Ministry/Department.
Duties include tracking project progress; assisting in budget preparation; monitoring work plan execution and in writing project related reports and other documentation and coordinating and scheduling of project meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and scoping of projects.
- Tracks the progress of projects using appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Helps prepare budget proposals, assists in managing and monitoring budget expenditure and revisions and provides interim status reports of all projects.
- Assists in the collection, compilation and analysis of data relative to the programme.
- Coordinates and schedules project teams meetings, as well as update and support meetings with stakeholders.
- Aids in the coordination and organisation of relevant training and in providing user support to staff.
- Assists in the maintenance of financial records on the utilisation of funds under all projects.
- Assists in the execution of activities for and in monitoring the execution of project work plans.
- Assists in the procurement of goods and services.
- Assists in ensuring that project activities are properly and realistically scheduled, monitored and reported.
- Assists in developing monitoring and evaluation reports and studies which will identify very early, slippages and reasons for same.
- Assists in writing Notes for Cabinet, reports and other project related documentation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Some knowledge of the relevant procedures, rules, regulations and policies of the Central Tenders Board Ordinance.
- Some knowledge of the government financial rules, regulations and procedures pertinent to programme/project management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of project management software.
- Skill in project planning and implementation.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate projects.
- Ability to devise creative solutions to address problems encountered and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to conduct research into programme/project related issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with project stakeholders, associates, other public service employees and the public.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in project management.
- Training as evidenced by a University degree from a recognised institution in Project Management or Engineering or Information Technology or the Social Sciences with courses in Project Management.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.