The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Property Administrator (GMG/SEG 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited for suitable candidates to fill the posts of Property Administrator (GMG/SEG 1), Building Projects & Equipment Branch [Two year Contract].
Providing strategic administrative support in order to facilitate the efficient and effective completion of projects and other property management services.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in developing effective project objectives and work programmes;
- Reviews selected projects and initiates activities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Provides management support for project activities;
- Assists with developing and maintaining control mechanisms, performance measures, standards and procedures for activities to ensure efficient use of resources within the relevant guidelines, ensuring value for money;
- Monitors progress to ensures that project objectives are met on a timely basis;
- Develops and maintains database of properties owned, rented and leased by the Ministry, the Jamaica Constabulary Force as well as other assigned portfolio entities island wide;
- Develops and maintains database of maintenance, construction and renovation/repairs projects;
- Makes arrangements for project meetings;
- Assists with the completion and submission of the various Reports on the projects;
- Makes presentations at Project Review meetings to facilitate target setting against objectives, timely preparation and coordination of reports for various stakeholders;
- Ensures that the Property Officer is properly briefed at all times;
- Assists with planning the Project Team’s schedules, meetings, and possibly travel assignments.
- Assists with the management and administration of the Project’s Budget and maintains a clear and current overview of the Branch’s budgets.
- Ensures that contractual agreements comply with the regulations of the GOJ and Funding Agencies;
- Directs the procurement of equipment and supplies related to the project;
- Monitors and reviews expenditure against budgeted provision and warrant allocations to determine any unforeseen or unavoidable excesses or under expenditure and takes the necessary corrective action;
- Reinforces good two-way communication with project partners and their representatives as well as Internal colleagues;
- Liaises with projects representatives and funding agencies regarding project related matters;
- Follows up with subcontractors regarding project paperwork as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficient in basic administrative functions and use in office equipment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks/projects with minimal supervision;
- Good Judgment
- Highly organized and experienced in File and Document Management;
- Respect for confidential information;
- Flexible and detail-oriented;
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively;
- Good Report writing skills;
- Good Project Management skills;
- Knowledge of the Government’s Procurement Policies and Guidelines;
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act;
- Oral and Written Communication
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF THE JOB:
- Required to work beyond normal working hours;
- Required to travel to locations where projects are being undertaken;
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and own and operate a reliable motor vehicle;
- Occasionally may involve modestly unpleasant situations such as exposure to external project locations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- First Degree in Management Studies/Finance/Public Administration;
- Formal training in Project Management would be an asset;
- Finance/Accounting experience is highly desirable;
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar capacity.
Please note that we thank all for responding but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.