The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAgro-Investment Corporation is seeking to identify highly motivated, qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the post of Property Officer.
Reporting to the Property and Fixed Assets Manager, the incumbent is responsible for planning and co-ordinating the application and maintenance of high quality standards for property and infrastructure management for properties owned, leased and rented by the Corporation. In addition the incumbent will assist with the administrative activities of land leases and will be required to act as the liaison between tenants and the Property and Fixed Assets Manager regarding property related issues.
- Conducts periodic inspections of properties to ensure that lessees comply with the terms and conditions of the lease and makes recommendations for legal action to be taken for breaches.
- Maintains lease contract database
- Assists with the coordination and monitoring of vacant properties to ensure they are kept free and clear from squatting and makes recommendations for divestment where appropriate
- Assists with the inspection and validation of work done to construct, renovate and maintain infrastructure in accordance with established standards
- Assists in conducting investigation on matters and queries relating to physical infrastructure, utilities, and maintenance of facilities island-wide
- Obtains bids/tenders for landscaping, garbage collection & maintenance/repairs
- Ensures that payments are collected from clients/tenants and submit to account department for processing
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Government Procurement Policies/contract administration and building codes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- BSc. Degree in Estate Management/Land Economy & Valuation Surveying or Civil Engineering or related field
- Diploma in General Management
- Supervisory Management training and experience
- At least 2 - 3 years working experience in land administration
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.