The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks a Prosecution Advisor for a project focused on strengthening the criminal justice system of one of the OAS Member States.
This 2-year program will involve working closely with law enforcement, forensic unit, prosecutors and judiciary. The Prosecution Advisor will serve as a technical lead on project activities related to this subarea of expertise and will collaborate closely with other project team members and government staff. The position reports to the Chief of Party, based in Washington, DC.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide training, advice, and mentoring to police authorities and prosecutors to develop their assessments of police investigation through review of case files and feedback to investigators, to collaborate more efficiently and effectively among themselves, and to better coordinate with prosecutors.
- Review the organizational and operational capacities of the prosecutorial department.
- Develop an assistance plan to strengthen institutional capacity and improve prosecutorial protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant local agencies and other advisors in the prosecution of complex crimes.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Advanced law degree from an U.S. or a U.K. accredited law school or the equivalent, with emphasis on criminal justice or criminology;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in prosecution.
- Prior role as prosecutor strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the common-law system required.
- Experience serving as a trainer, supervisor or mentor required.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Must have worked in the legal profession or on international Rule of Law reform within the past five years.
- Ability to write about general and legal issues clearly and concisely in English, to express complex ideas in a clear and logical and highly professional way.
- Fluency in English is required.