The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Psychiatric Resident Medical Officer
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Psychiatric Resident Medical Officer at the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute (Psychiatric Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
This position is being advertised prior to contract renewals with a view to attracting suitably qualified Bermudians/Spouses of Bermudians. Registration with Bermuda Medical Council is mandatory.
Residents will be responsible for providing longitudinal care for patients among an integrated interdisciplinary team. Clinical work will be performed in the MWI program(s) as allocated in consultation with the Chief of Psychiatry. This will include ward work, out-patients clinic work and participating in home visits for assessment, treatment and for recall of service users to Hospital.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing daily and longitudinal patient care among an integrated disciplinary team managing acutely ill inpatients (clinic) and outpatients (community) psychiatric needs
- Liaises and provides consultative services to employees at King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH).
- Provides emergency psychiatric care at KEMH or Mid Atlantic Wellness Institute (MAWI)
- Works with health promotion strategies to foster a recovery oriented approach to mental health care and community inclusion
- Routinely completes consultations on service users admitted to KEMH (general medical hospital)
- Participates in the Electro Convulsive Treatment (ECT) rota as required
- Post-holders will provide coverage for all services during first on-call and liaison Physician responsibilities
- Required to attend courses and make academic presentations (e.g. research projects, journal submission, audit projects etc) at KEMH or MWI
- Actively supports the delivery of service excellence to colleagues and internal clients (KEMH and MWI) and living BHB Vision, Mission and Values, Value Based Behaviours and Service Excellence Standards
- Completion of undergraduate medical degree in a recognized training program. Psychiatric training experience will be evaluated on its merits as part of the entire application
- Requirement will be evaluated on its merits as part of the entire application
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Medical licence from a recognized authority and be in good standing