The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Psychiatric Social Worker (HPC/MSW 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Psychiatric Social Worker (HPC/MSW 1), Western Regional Health Authority.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking a Psychiatric Social Worker. Reporting to the Regional Psychiatrist, the incumbent will be expected to provide comprehensive social work services to patients in the Region living with mental illnesses and their families; identifying barriers to their economic well-being and devising strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Providing social work services to adults, minors and families within the Region.
- Helping clients collectively and individually to identify and develop solutions to problems.
- Implementing strategies to strengthen client’s ability to identify and achieve their life goals.
- Contributing to the assessment and management of individuals affected by mental health issues.
- Conducting interviews, counseling sessions and makes referral.
- Conducting social investigations to inform the decisions of the Regional Mental Health Team.
- Identifying support services for patients and execute patient support events.
- Collaborating and liaising with NGO’s and social services agencies within the Region.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Social Work or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working with persons with Mental Disorders.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent interviewing, investigating and observation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working Knowledge of referral agencies
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.