The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications for its HIV Unit from suitably qualified persons for the position of Psychologist – SRHA Regional Office.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess:
- MSc. Degree in Psychology
- At least two (2) years experience in Child Psychology and Counselling
- Experience in counselling HIV positive clients and group counseling would be an asset
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Networking skills
- Well developed counseling skills
- Developing and providing psychological counselling and guidance which assists People Living with HIV (PLHIV) with special emphasis on the Adolescent PLHIV and their families.
- Recommending, selecting and arranging services and providing the most favorable conditions for the PLHIV.
- Providing crisis consultation, psychological counselling and therapeutic techniques with PLHIV with special emphasis on the adolescent PLHIV.
- Maintaining contact with the referral agencies to provide ongoing communication between the RHAs and the treatment agency.
- Providing communication and acting as liaison to social agencies/agents of the state.
- Attending and actively participating in relevant committee team meetings.
- Traveling to conference and participating in other educational activities, as assigned, locally and overseas.