The incumbent will ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with the Government of Jamaica Procurement Guidelines and Procedures (Public Procurement Act 2015).
- Prepares Tender Notices and advertisements;
- Prepares RFQ for goods, general services and minor works;
- Obtains quotations/tenders from appropriately qualified suppliers;
- Represents the Procurement Unit at Tender closing and opening exercises as Tender Officer;
- Maintains Procurement Records in good order to facilitate audit and other reviews;
- Prepares Quarterly Contracts Award Report to be submitted to the Integrity Commissions (QCA Report);
- Maintains a data base of all bonds and insurances and ensures that they are current at all times, and takes responsibility for the safe keeping and return or all relevant documents.
Procurement Process Management
- Prepares and reviews technical specifications in collaboration with stakeholders, refining Terms of References (ToRs) and prepares request for proposals (REPs) and bidding documents;
- Reviews and evaluates proposals and bids received and assists with the process of engaging consultants and suppliers;
- Prepares and reviews ToRs and bidding documents for all required procurement activities;
- Liaises with relevant Departments and stakeholders to have RFPs and bidding documents prepared, approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved Budget;
- Manages the advertising process for procurements, procurement correspondence, Bid Receipt and opening in strict accordance within mandated procurement procedures;
- Maintains Procurement Filing System in a systematic manner;
- Receives, compiles and processes Purchase Requisition Forms for all wards and Departments for the procurement of goods.
- Maintains list of vendors and contractors supplying various items and services;
- Liaises with service contractors to ensure that service to office and medical equipment are being effected as agreed;
- Develops and executes measurement tools to accurately gauge vendor’s performance (quality, delivery, timeliness, etc.) and communicates results internally and externally as necessary;
- Checks invoices to ensure correct price, follows through to ensure that materials ordered have been received, examines the condition of materials received, and recommends invoices for payment;
- Maintains Procurement Records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories, compiles data on these for internal monthly reports;
- Ensures all completed Purchase Orders are taken to the Tax Administration Jamaica office to be zero-rated.
- Monitors and reports on the procurement implementation status and progress as required
- Follows up with relevant Government Agencies to obtain the approval of proposed contract awards in a timely manner;
- Prepares reports of and for Procurement Meetings.
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong integrity
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Good team work and co-operation
- Ability to display good initiative
- People management skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Time management skills
- Extensive Knowledge of Government Procurement guidelines and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposals and recommend contracts for award
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures
- Working knowledge of computer applications
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Public Administration/ Management Studies/ Accounting or any related field
- Three (3) years procurement experience, in a similar position
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Pressured working conditions with numerous critical deadlines
- Long hours of work including weekends and public holidays