The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Public Sector Institutional Strengthening Specialist
Job SummaryThe Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks a Public Sector Institutional Strengthening Specialist for a USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Health program in Haiti.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead institutional assessments of key GoH partner agencies;
- Design and deliver institutional capacity building programs to meet the WASH program’s needs;
- Developing monitoring framework to measure institutional development;
- Ensure delivery of project’s deliverables and achievement of project objectives;
- Ongoing engagement with USAID Mission Environmental Officer and other key Mission staff;
- Ongoing engagement with Government of Haiti stakeholders and project partners including Ministry of Health;
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- B.A. in Public Administration, Engineering, Education, Public Health or similar field. M.S. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience in the design and delivery of capacity building services to public sector institutions. Experience with water utilities and other WASH sector agencies required.
- Working knowledge of Haitian public sector processes including budgeting and enabling legal structures required;
- Progressively responsible experience working with donor-funded projects required. Experience with USAID - funded projects strongly preferred;
- Superior interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to work with a variety of counterparts in a variety of countries;
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, and integrity;
- Proven success in managing technical and operational teams;
- Fluency in English and French is required. Haitian Kreyol strongly preferred.
Note: Haitian nationals are encouraged to apply.