The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Purchasing Supervisor.
- The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for all purchasing procedures on the property and reports into the Accounting department.
- Manages all storeroom functions and duties, directly responsible for the General Storeroom supplies.
- These include ordering, receiving, storing and issuing these products, implementation and maintenance of all internal control and audit policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that goods are received per specifications and all items are issued per requisition.
- Additionally, the cleanliness, sanitary, safety and orderly condition of the storage facilities are a direct and daily responsibility.
- Additional responsibilities include conducting and managing the request for proposal (RFP/Bid process), contract maintenance, capital expenditures, maintenance and administering the procurement system, and active participation in the month end and budgeting process.
- Candidate must have food and beverage knowledge as 75% of the purchasing will be for the culinary department, as well as supervisory experience and computer/inventory tracking experience.
- Must have at least two (2) years of related work experience and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.