The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Quality Control Supervisor
Job SummaryGuyana Water Inc. invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of Quality Control Supervisor.
The primary role of this position is mainly to supervise and oversee the activities of the Laboratory which include all submissions and monitoring of the respective water samples, ensuring that procedures are closely followed regarding sample storage, transportation, reception and analysis and that these activities are properly recorded and reported to both the Laboratory Manager and Head of Department (as necessary). Water samples received under questionable conditions will — through the Laboratory Manager - be reported to Regional Managers and resamples requested where necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in chemistry (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- I -2 years experience in a quality control environment. Experience in water quality testing.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of ISO 17025 and GYS 170 standards.
- Experience in the management of quality control documents
- Experience in using and interpreting quality control charts.
- Experience/ Knowledge of method validation procedures. Very good command of Microsoft excel spreadsheet and associated calculations.