The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Quality Manufacturing Engineer
Job SummaryPortescap/ API Harowe (St. Kitts) Ltd. invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a position of Quality Manufacturing Engineer.
Quality Manufacturing Engineer, St. Kitts will be responsible for planning and directing improvement activities of current processes, equipment, and products that will allow meeting customer quality and delivery requirements in a team environment. Participate as cross-functional team member within assigned goal oriented team responsibility. Analyze and provide defect data from various sources to the team in order to prioritize top issues to resolve and ensure zero defects. Drive root cause and problem solving activities within the team. Support use of approved problem solving tools. Develop defect detection criteria to monitor during assembly. Track defects being worked during problem resolution.
This also includes proper maintenance of equipment to achieve maximum efficiency and minimal downtime. The QME will have full ownership of specific manufacturing processes.
This position is located in St. Kitts and is part of the Portescap operating company, a Fortive subsidiary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through the process of formal and informal production audits, operator feedback, and data analysis, recognize quality concerns and address them by developing and implementing sustainable solutions that can be tracked by quantifiable results.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training/ coaching sessions on quality control and manufacturing processes.
- Drive productivity improvements to increase output and reduce cost of manufacturing while maintaining quality standards.
- Responsible for following and editing quality procedures, process instructions and inspection documents.
- Compile and establish regular communication of quality and productivity performance.
- Ensure repeatability and reproducibility of production equipment, processes, testing and measurement equipment.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment and supervise installation and qualification.
- Works with the maintenance team on developing and ensuring execution of preventative maintenance and process/equipment troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot and implement root cause countermeasures
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Promoting Process Improvement - developing standards & managing processes
- Developing Manufacturing Methods and procedures that supports Innovation
- CAD or SolidWorks user experience or similar software experience .
- Strong data management and organizational skills –Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word, etc.
- Strong communications skill – both written and verbal.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum five years of manufacturing management experience is preferred.
- Supervisory and or management training
- Experience in Six Sigma Quality Engineering methodologies
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted