The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for experienced and suitably qualified Railshop Mechanics join the Rail Equipment Repair team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Servicing and repairing of airbrake system for fixed rail units;
- Servicing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining locomotive EMD engines; Using cutting torch and performing, shielded metal arc & metallic inert gas (MIG) welding.
- Executing field inspection on fixed rail rolling stock.
Qualifications & Experience
To be considered you must have:
- High school education with certified passes at GCE/CXC level or equivalent in Physics, English and Mathematics. German automotive certification and or FRA/ AAR air brakes certification.
- Three (3) years experience as a Railshop mechanic or successfully graduated from the German Automotive School or a recognized airbrake or locomotive training course and Effective Welder NTIE.
- Experience working with computer controlled laboratory equipment;
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.