The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Recreation Staff will conduct and oversee the operation of any of the following onboard recreational areas: Aqua Park, Bungee, Bowling, Rock Climbing or Sports Courts.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the corresponding recreation venue.
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe in recreation venues. Understand the use of any personal protective equipment related to the position and use it accordingly.
- Host events or tournaments relative to their position for up to 100 guests.
- Responsible for all equipment used to perform the role. Keep records of equipment use to comply with safety standards.
- Ensure waivers are signed before guests participate in any organized event on the corresponding recreation venue.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Certification Program in an athletic/recreational discipline from a recognized educational institution is preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience in a hotel, resort or similar in a customer service position, preferably working with adults and children is required. Having coached or instructed organized sporting events before would be preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; other languages are preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.