The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe National Works Agency, an Executive Agency of the Government of Jamaica is seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Regional Manager.
Qualification And Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years experience in Project Management with at least five (5) years experience at a management level. Experience in Road Management desireable.
- Advanced training in Project Management/ Road Construction or related areas
- Post graduate qualifications preferable in engineering or project management
- Excellent management skills
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of Project Management Implementation
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Highlights of Principal Functions
- General management of all activities within designated region and achievement of regional targets
- Maintain inventory of road conditions, bridges, quarries and other structures in the region
- Mobilize regional staff in responses to emergency situations such as flooding, land-slides, earthquakes etc.
- Documents in a timely and accurate manner all project outcomes in the appropriate reports
- Regulates, monitor and enforces standards of good performance in all aspects of the undertaken projects
- Provide technical advice on the implementation of road management activities and project to Regional Teams and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with representatives of other organizations, utility companies and communities.