The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Regional Manager, Pathology Laboratory Services
Job SummaryThe South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) is pleased to invite suitably qualified persons to forward applications to fill the post of Regional Manager, Pathology Laboratory Services at the SWRHA.
The Regional Manager, Pathology Laboratory Services will be responsible for the strategic management of Laboratory Services throughout the South-West Regional Health Authority. The officer will also be responsible for the supervision of staff and have direct responsibility for coordination of administrative aspects and personnel across Laboratories in South-West Regional Health Authority.
This officer prepares proposals for equipment and positions with reference to standards, ensures adherence to safety practices and efficient use of laboratory resources.
The Regional Manager, Pathology Laboratory Services will report to the General Manager Patient Support Services.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution.
- A recognized Management degree will be an asset.
- Eight (8) years managerial experience in the field of clinical laboratory, five (5) of which must be at supervisory level.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in Laboratory Information Systems.
- Experience in implementing standards.
- Experience in identifying potential risks in the workplace.
- Registration with the Medical Laboratory Technician’s Board, and the Council for Professions related to Medicine.