The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Regional Non-Communicable Disease Surveillance Officer (HPC/RN 5)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Regional Non-Communicable Disease Surveillance Officer (HPC/RN 5), Western Regional Health Authority.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Regional Non-Communicable Disease Surveillance Officer. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Directorate, Ministry of Health, Regional Chronic Diseases Technical Working Group and parish staff in developing programmes geared towards strengthening the surveillance of non-communicable diseases (NCD) including cancer.
The incumbent’s core responsibilities will also include:
- Advising the regional team on cancer and other non-communicable disease trends and related issues that impact the Programme.
- Strengthening the implementation and maintenance of the WRHA Cancer Registry and other NCD data sets.
- Ensuring that the database and register for the Cancer Registry is maintained and up to date.
- Identifying undocumented cases of cancer through active surveillance.
- Conducting quality control audits of the regional database to ensure the data is accurate and comprehensive.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of capacity building programmes for staff.
- Liaising with governmental and non - governmental organizations on select cancers and other non-communicable disease surveillance issues.
- Conducting field investigations to verify and validate cancers and other non-communicable diseases surveillance data received.
- Submitting routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and assisting in the preparation of special reports for the Ministry of Health and the Regional Health Authority.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree Nursing from an accredited institution
- Masters in Public Health and a Certificate in Midwifery would be an asset
- At least five (5) years post graduate experience in nursing particularly in the areas of general medicine, surgery, paediatrics or OB/GYN
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of epidemiological methods and public health policies
- Ability to collect, collate and analyze data
- Knowledge of National Health Policies
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.