The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Regional Procurement Manager (GMG/SEG2)
Job SummaryThe South East Regional Health Authority (SERHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Regional Procurement Manager (GMG/SEG2).
Reporting to the Director, Operations and Maintenance, The Regional Procurement Manager is responsible for leading and managing this complex portfolio, which carries out procurement activities for the Region, Regional Office and Projects. The Regional Procurement Manager must create and maintain an efficient, effective, transparent administrative and reporting procurement environment for the Region.
The most suitable candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University with a specialization in Management Studies, Public Sector Management, Business Administration or any other closely related field.
- Have successfully completed training in Public Sector Procurement.
- Have at least five (5) years working experience in procurement of works/goods and service and consultancies. Preparation of tenders and negotiating and monitoring contracts within the Government service, at least three (3) of which should at the managerial level
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Public speaking skills
- Emotional Intelligence
Additionally, the candidate must possess:
- Knowledge of the GOJ Procurement Act, Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Sound knowledge of principles and procedures in relation to industrial and volume (bulk) buying
- Knowledge of Inventory Management and Control
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications (Word. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Technical report writing skills
- Knowledge of the Finance, Administration and Audit Act (FM Act)
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and conviction of purpose in unfavourable and/or unpopular situations
- Demonstrates sound personal and professional integrity, reflecting high ethical and moral values.
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.