The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Dietician/Nutritionist (Sessional)
Job SummaryThis individual will have primary responsibility for providing nutritional services to clients, specifically persons infected with HIV or AIDS.
- Consult with the clinic personnel to review patient files and care plans
- Conduct baseline, follow-up and end of project assessments of clients
- Assess nutritional needs, dietary restrictions and current health practices to develop and implement personalised dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counselling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, nutritional practices designed to thwart disease and promote health, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Conduct needs assessment and provide necessary referrals
- Document and report the results of how patients’ health has responded as a result of nutritional support and counselling.
- Provide technical support and guidance to future programme development and project documents
- Liase with other clinical staff (doctor , nurse, pharmacist)
- Collaborate with Medical Doctor regarding Planning Patient care
- Facilitate support group sessions with PLHIV and other JASL clients
- Submit monthly reports
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Good oral and writing communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confidential, open-minded, dependable and willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Keen interest in the impact of diet on health
- An understanding of biochemistry or human physiology
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Ability to work professionally and cooperate with team members and representatives of other agencies
- Strong time management skills, especially when facing tight deadline
Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, Nutritional Science, or Food Science;
At least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar position.