The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered General Nurse (HPC/RN 1)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Registered General Nurse at the Chapelton Hospital, Frankfield Health Centre, Spalding Health Centre, May Pen and Kellits Health Centre.
The Registered General Nurse is responsible for direct and indirect nursing care and treatment of patients/clients in a Secondary care facility with the exception of the delivery of babies.
Specific Knowledge Required:
Fundamentals of Nursing; Life Behavioural, Natural & Medical Sciences; Pharmacology & Therapeutics; Introduction to Research Methodology; Nutrition; Diagnostic Tests and Treatments; Elements of Management; and Nursing Health & Related Legislation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate/Diploma/Bsc. in General Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica as a Registered Nurse.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a secondary care facility
Required Skills and Specialised Techniques:
- Clinical, communication, interpersonal, leadership, diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Fundamental of nursing, decision-making and determining courses of action on patients/clients problem
- Ability to differentiate and discriminate/determine the patients need for medical intervention.
- Fundamental of analysis and interpretation of diagnostic reports and data.
- Positive work attitude, ethical conduct, human relations, basic nursing philosophy, calm controlled and purposed manner, positive work ethic punctuality, reliability.
NB: We thank all applicants for responding; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.