The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Midwife (HPC/MW11)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Registered Midwife.
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ Registered Midwives throughout the region. The incumbent will be responsible for providing safe, efficient and therapeutically effective care in accordance with the objectives and policies of the Maternal and Child Health Care Plan for Jamaica.
- Conducts proper history taking and physical examinations of clients.
- Prepares and conducts educational sessions with clients.
- Identifies high risk patients and makes referrals to doctors and other medical specialists.
- Sort referrals sent from health centres, private practitioners and internal practitioners.
- Prepares for and assists doctors with examination procedures eg. Vaginal biopsies and pap-smears.
- Conducts Antenatal, Child Health and Family Planning Clinics and arrange for follow ups.
- Assists the Public Health Nurse with postnatal clinics.
- Observes patients vital signs identifying abnormal cases and reports any abnormalities to relevant persons.
- Conducts venipuncture for lab investigations.
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong observational skills
- Excellent bedside skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate in Midwifery from an accredited institution
- Current registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted