The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Heart Institute of the Caribbean is currently recruiting for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Registered Nurse.
Candidates must have the ability to multitask clinically and administratively, and is responsible for the quality and adequacy of services provided to our patients. The ideal candidate will perform routine procedures such as blood pressure measurements, administering injections, as well as filling in patients’ charts.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precaution
- Perform administrative and managerial functions, such as taking responsibility for a unit's staff, budget, planning, and long-range goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. in Nursing from a recognized University
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience within recognized hospital
- Must have a valid Nursing License