The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse (HPC/RN 1), Cornwall Regional Hospital
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Registered Nurse (HPC/RN 1), Cornwall Regional Hospital
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ Registered Nurses throughout the Region. Reporting to the Ward/Nursing Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for executing the following core functions:
- Assessing, planning, organizing and implementing appropriate nursing care to meet the needs of the patient.
- Interpreting and administering treatment as prescribed by the physician and monitors patients for reaction to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Securing and maintaining adequate supplies for patient care.
- Assisting with planning patient care.
- Maintaining continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing patient needs.
- Any other duties assigned by the Ward/Nursing Manager.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent bedside skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong observational skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science/Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Current registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted