The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse/Midwife (HPC/RN 2)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from qualified persons for the position of Registered Nurse/Midwife (HPC/RN 2)
The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ Registered Nurse Midwives throughout the Region. The Registered Nurse/Midwife will report to the Public Health Nurse.
- Assesses, plans and administers care to clients employing the nursing process.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with the health team and client.
- Assists the doctor with procedures such as incision and drainage, pap smears and vaginal swabs.
- Administers oral and injectable medications as ordered by the doctor.
- Conducts antenatal, postnatal, family planning, pap smear and Child Health Clinics and makes referrals where necessary.
- Ensures proper collection, identification, storage and safe transportation of specimen to the laboratory with appropriate requisition forms.
- Teaches, supervises and evaluates charges.
- Interprets bio-chemical data and acts appropriately through calculated and quick decision.
- Monitors and interprets data presented by mechanical devices and employing appropriate responsive action.
- Follows established guidelines in handling and caring for mechanical devices and instruments.
- Ensures currency of registration with professional regulatory body.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong observational skills
- Excellent bedside skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bsc. in Nursing from an accredited institution or its equivalent.
- Successful completion of prescribed specialized training in Midwifery.
- Midwifery Registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica.
- Three (3) years experience as a Registered Nurse/Midwife
NB: Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.