The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Registered Nurse - Operating Room at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acts as a scrub nurse or circulating nurse during a variety of operative procedures such as Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, Trauma emergencies, Orthopedic, Pediatric, ENT, Maternity, Gynecological, Ophthalmology, Urology ,Vascular and Plastics
- Acts an Anesthetic Nurse by assisting the anesthetist during induction and throughout the anesthetic period
- Monitors and assesses patients clinical condition and takes appropriate action to ensure safety of the surgical patient
- Functions as a Charge Nurse and a team leader when required. Utilizes clinical, hospitals and community resources. Participates in unit Quality Improvement activities and when required, approved research projects
- Functions as a preceptor/monitor and role model for new junior staff, as well as peer.
- Takes active responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor's Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
- Current registration as required by the Bermuda Nursing Council (BNC)
- Current certifications: CPR, I.V, ACLS preferred
- Experience in Physical assessment essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies