The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States’ Pharmaceutical Procurement Service (OECS/PPS) is inviting applications from its Member States to fill the position of Registry Clerk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise the OECS/PPS’ incoming and outgoing correspondence and related documentation into a systematic records management systems using electronic and manual information technology.
- Record, classify, and file all documents in the registry using the Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS), Laserfiche Avante Software.
- Create new files, templates, workflows and other business process modifications in the EDRMS.
- Adhere to the Commission’s policies on retention and records management by conducting annual records audit to ensure that permanent records such as faxes, reports, travel documents, country statements are accurately retained in a centralized location.
- Collaborate with the IT Unit and Registry to promote the use of electronic records and document management, and assist with the training of staff.
- Inspect files/documents to assess whether required action has been taken by officers and if not, bring this to the attention of the relevant officer(s); and take further action on documents as requested by officers.
- Maintain and upkeep the Unit’s archive and reference library.
- Prepare outgoing correspondence, maintain appropriate records, and stamp imprest.
- Send, receive and record faxes while maintaining sequential order in a centralized Location.
- Record new supplier pre-qualification applications, and open and maintain files for approved suppliers.
- Liaise with custom/brokers for the clearance of detained PPS documents and packages.
- Assist with the submission of samples for quality control testing.
- Assist the Administrative Assistant III with preparation for meetings, workshops and conferences, and any other duties that may be assigned.
- Record PPS workshop documents and prepare workshop evaluation report.
- Undertake other related assignments for the benefit and development of OECS/PPS.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Records and Information Management, or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge and training in:
- Records organization
- Basic communication
- Proficient computer literacy for documentation
- Good work ethic and ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Twelve months relevant working experience in a similar environment
- Analysis & Reporting
- Conflict Resolution
- Consultation & Facilitation
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The Registry Clerk shall be based at the OECS/PPS. The appointment will be on the permanent establishment of the Organisation. The successful applicant shall be a member of the Organisation’s Pension Scheme and its non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme.
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.