The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Research and Monitoring Officer (SOG/ST 5)
Job SummaryThe incumbent provides relevant baseline information on justice related matters, by researching on monitoring the electronic and print media.
- Database updated
- Comments Records
- Newspaper Clipping
- Responses provided
- Print material designed
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Updates Database with local and international information.
- Monitors print and electronic media and records comments made on as aspects of the Justice system
- Maintains newspaper clipping collection
- Monitors website and chartrooms hosted by local and external Human Rights Groups and collate comments for analysis /action
- Participates in local fora on Justice related matters.
- Provides response to individual and media enquiry.
- Conducts research on issues pertaining to Justice as requested by Head of Unit/Departments.
- Assists with the promotions of reports Performance Standards
- Conducts public opinion research, as directed, through the use of appropriate research methods/methodologies, analyses and interprets data, and provides feedback
- Database is current and accurate and presented in the established format.
- Comments are accurate and present in the agreed timeframe and accurate with established guidelines.
- Responses are accurate and delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Findings are relevant and presented in the established format and within the agreed timeframe.
- Print materials are designed in accordance guidelines and within the agreed timeframe.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Team Work & Cooperation
- Time Management
- Customer and Quality Focus
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
(a) Specific knowledge (however acquired) required to start:
- Knowledge of Research methods and electronic data management
(b) Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in social Science or Sociology
- Diploma in Computer Studies/Computer technology would be an asset
- At least two years in a similar position with research method
(c) Continuous Professional Development